Common Questions

I’m on income assistance and have been turned down for a crisis grant

If you feel that the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation’s decision was wrong, you have the right to ask for a review of that decision (called a reconsideration). If a reconsideration does not change their decision, you can usually file an appeal.

Good starting points include:

See our related common questions:

Last reviewed May 2015
welfare, welfare appeal, income assistance, crisis grant, BC Employment and Assistance (BCEA)