menu icon
Residential Tenancy Branch: Renovictions

Residential Tenancy Branch: Renovictions

As of July 1, 2021, if a landlord wants to end a tenancy for extensive renovations or repairs, they need to apply for an Order of Possession from the Residential Tenancy Branch. This page explains the requirements to end a tenancy for this reason.

View website

produced by
BC Residential Tenancy Branch
produced in
last reviewed
January 2023 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
ending a tenancy, renovictions, Right of First Refusal