Family Maintenance Enforcement Program: Collecting Child Support When a Parent Lives Outside of BC

Sometimes it can be difficult to collect child or spousal support from a former spouse or parent who is living outside BC. The BC government has arrangements with all other Canadian provinces and territories and some foreign countries to make sure child and spousal support obligations are followed.

View PDF

produced by
BC Ministry of Justice
produced in

Also available in:

Arabic (PDF)
Chinese (simplified) (PDF)
French (PDF)
Hindi (PDF)
Korean (PDF)
Punjabi (PDF)
Spanish (PDF)
Tagalog/Filipino (PDF)
Urdu (PDF)
Vietnamese (PDF)

resource type
child support, spousal support, support order, support agreement, enforcement of support, enrolling in the FMEP, Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP), maintenance order