Can you move — With or without your child?

This fact sheet describes what a parent or guardian must do (give notice) before moving to another city with children, and what could happen if the other parent/guardian doesn’t agree with the move.

View website

produced by
Legal Services Society
produced in
last reviewed
January 2013 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
Custody & access; Family Law in BC website