How to deal with a committal hearing (because you've fallen behind in your support payments)

A self-help guide for the people paying support (the payors) to use if they have been served with a summons for a committal hearing because they haven’t paid maintenance (child and/or spousal support) that they owe. Includes links to blank forms.

View website

produced by
Legal Services Society
produced in
last reviewed
January 2010 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
self-help & forms
child support, spousal support, support order, support agreement, enforcement of support, enrolling in the FMEP, Family Law in BC website, Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP), committal hearing