Giving Other People Authority to Help You Manage Your Affairs

There are formal and informal ways to give someone permission to help us manage our financial affairs. If you decide to take a more formal step, this information sheet outlines some common options. All of them can be helpful but, in the wrong hands, they can also be harmful. Explore your resources.

View PDF

produced by
BC Centre for Elder Advocacy & Support (BC CEAS)
produced in

Also available in:

Chinese (traditional) (PDF)
French (PDF)
Hindi (PDF)
Korean (PDF)
Punjabi (PDF)
Spanish (PDF)
Vietnamese (PDF)

resource type
power of attorney, representation agreement