How to get an order to waive fees

Do-it-yourself guide for people who cannot afford to pay court filing fees, but want to begin, defend, or continue an application for a divorce or an application to get or change parenting or support orders in the Supreme Court of BC.

View website

produced by
Legal Services Society
produced in
last reviewed
January 2013 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
self-help & forms
indigency order, court fees, Supreme Court, divorce, separation, custody, guardianship, access, child support, spousal support, missed payments, Family Law in BC website, indigent status, impoverishment, impoverished