Serving Documents in Small Claims Court

Getting the paperwork from one person to another in a lawsuit is called "service of documents." This guide explains the small claims court rules for serving documents and tries to answer some questions you may have.

View website

produced by
BC Ministry of Justice
produced in
resource type
self-help & forms
small claims court, serving documents, notice of claim, court forms, representing yourself, going to court, Small Claims Guides series
other formats