menu icon
Alternative Measures (Diversion)

Alternative Measures (Diversion)

If you are charged with a crime and admit that you committed the crime, you may be able to deal with the charges without having to plead guilty or go to trial. This fact sheet provides information and a form to give to the prosecutor to request alternative measures, also known as "diversion."

View PDF

produced by
Justice Education Society of BC
produced in

Also available in:

Chinese (traditional) (PDF)
French (PDF)
Punjabi (PDF)
Spanish (PDF)
Vietnamese (PDF)

resource type
self-help & forms
diversion (alternative measures), charged with a crime, duty counsel, avoiding trial, admitting guilt, community service options, representing yourself