Foreclosure is a legal action that a lender can take if a person who borrowed money using a mortgage stops paying back the mortgage. Foreclosure scares people because it means they may lose their house. This script discusses what foreclosure is and how it works.

View website

produced by
The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (CBABC)
produced in
last reviewed
October 2017 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
foreclosure, mortgage, missed mortgage payments, order nisi, petition, redemption period, order absolute, Dial-A-Law
other formats