Making a Personal Injury Claim

If you're injured in a car accident, you can claim accident benefits from the Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC). If the accident wasn't your fault, you can also claim "damages" for your injuries. This script describes making a "personal injury claim," going to court, and dealing with ICBC.

View website

produced by
The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (CBABC)
produced in
last reviewed
January 2015 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.

Also available in:

Punjabi (PDF)

resource type
ICBC, car accidents, personal injury, no-fault accident benefits, damages, pain and suffering, wage loss, Dial-A-Law
other formats