Getting Your Judgment Paid

Getting a small claims court judgment – whether at the end of a trial or settlement conference, or by default – is one thing. But getting it paid is something else. This script discusses what you can do if the person you sued refuses to pay your judgment.

View website

produced by
The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (CBABC)
produced in
last reviewed
August 2017 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.

Also available in:

Chinese (simplified) (PDF)
Mandarin (audio/podcast)
Punjabi (PDF)

resource type
creditor's rights & options, small claims court, judgment, payment order, default order, payment hearing, order for seizure and sale, garnishment, garnishing wages, payment schedule, garnishing order, default hearing, Dial-A-Law
other formats