Suing Someone in Small Claims Court

This script discusses suing someone in small claims court. Topics include filing a notice of claim, serving the defendant, the filing of a reply, and making a counterclaim against someone.

View website

produced by
The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (CBABC)
produced in
last reviewed
August 2017 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
small claims court, suing someone, notice of claim, serve, claimant, defendant, consent order, payment order, time limit, reply, settlement conference, counterclaim, default order
other formats