The Respondent in Divorce Proceedings

This script will be helpful if your spouse is about to begin divorce proceedings, or if you've already been "served" with or given divorce papers. In most cases, you'll want to hire a lawyer to represent you, but this script should give you a general understanding of your situation.

View website

produced by
The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (CBABC)
produced in
last reviewed
October 2018 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
divorce, marriage, divorce proceedings, spouse, serve paper, divorce paper, defendant, family breakup
other formats