menu icon
Who Can Stay in the Family Home on Reserve

Who Can Stay in the Family Home on Reserve

Brochure gives basic information about the Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act. Describes who has rights to the family home during your relationship, if you and your spouse separate, if your spouse dies. Includes illustrated scenarios and where to get more legal help.

View PDF

produced by
Legal Aid BC
produced in
last reviewed
December 2019 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
aboriginal, indigenous, housing on reserve, living on reserve, family home on reserve, on reserve, matrimonial property, matrimonial property on reserve, Legal Aid BC, Aboriginal Legal Aid website, family property, dealing with family breakup, divorce & separation, leaving a relationship, Aboriginal families