How to start a family law case in Supreme Court

Self-help guide for starting (or responding to an application for) most family law cases in Supreme Court. Includes a link to the Notice of Family Claim Form that provides details about you, your spouse, your marriage/separation, and what you’ll ask the court for (e.g., parenting or support orders).

View website

produced by
Legal Services Society
produced in
last reviewed
January 2013 i Last date reviewed by a qualified expert to ensure content up-to-date. See "Tips" in Clicklaw content criteria (bottom of pageside menu) for details.
resource type
self-help & forms
notice of family claim, filling out court forms, Supreme Court, Family Law in BC website, new forms, court forms, fillable forms