Common QuestionsWhat taxes will I have to pay now I’m retired?
Although retirement means you may not be getting income from employment, you may be getting other types of income, such as the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or the Old Age Security pension (OAS). How you pay the tax you owe will depend on the type of income you receive. There are also ways that you may be able to lower or put off certain taxes.
Good starting points include:
- When You Retire, from the Canada Revenue Agency, provides an overview of what types of income you might receive and how you pay income tax after you retire.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about pensions, benefits & welfare
- See all common questions about seniors
- See all common questions about taxes & finances
- income tax, income tax after retirement, retirement benefits