Common QuestionsMy home reno was a disaster. Can I sue these guys?
A residential construction dispute (from the homeowner’s perspective) describes a situation in which you believe your home needs repairs or further work because faulty materials or poor design or construction processes were used.
There are different ways of solving this kind of dispute. The resources below provide information on what rights you have and what your options are.
- Resolving Residential Construction Disputes, from Homeowner Protection Office BC, includes a guide that introduces you to dispute resolution options for people involved in residential construction disputes.
- Home Repair Contractors, from The Canadian Bar Association BC Branch (CBABC), provides an overview of how to choose a contractor, what to do if you are not happy with the work, and information (and links to more resources) on suing.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about consumer
- See all common questions about housing, tenancy & neighbours
- renovations, home renos, suing, home repairs, home repair contractors