Common Questions

My landlord is threatening to evict me

The law says that your landlord can only evict you for certain reasons. In other words, your landlord can only evict you if there is cause. He/she must give you written notice that gives the reasons for the eviction and how you can challenge the eviction.

Good starting points include:

Need more help?

  • Tenant Info Line, by TRAC, provides information, referrals and help for tenants dealing with residential tenancy law matters.

See our related common questions:


Last reviewed February 2018 by the Clicklaw Editors and 
tenants, landlords, eviction, notice to end tenancy