Common QuestionsCan I get a court-appointed lawyer for my criminal case?
Good starting points include:
- If You Can't Get a Lawyer for Your Criminal Trial: How to Make a Rowbotham Application, from the Legal Services Society, explains why, how, and when to ask the judge to appoint a free lawyer.
- How to Appeal Your Conviction, from the Legal Services Society, explains how to ask the appeal court for a court-appointed lawyer.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about courts & tribunals
- See all common questions about crimes & offences
- See all common questions about legal help & lawyers
Last reviewed January 2015
- court-appointed lawyer, appeal, charged with a crime, crimes & offences, legal help