menu icon

Common Questions

I’ve been cut off workers' compensation benefits

Last reviewed December 2020 by the Clicklaw Editors

Workers' compensation is a government program that pays benefits for workplace injuries. The resources below explain what to do if you think that WorkSafeBC makes the wrong decision in your case, or if you don't understand the decision.

  • Appealing a Workers' Compensation Decision, from People's Law School, is a factsheet that outlines the two steps involved if you think WorkSafeBC made a wrong decision in your case. The two steps are review and appeal.
  • Reviews and Appeals of WorkSafeBC Decisions: A Worker's Information Kit, from BC government, is a detailed guide for injured workers and their representatives. It includes information on how you can request a review, what the review process is, and how you can appeal to WorkSafeBC.
  • Workers' Advisers Office Factsheets, from BC government, offer a range of factsheets, from Reviews of WorkSafeBC Decisions, to Appeals to the Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal. Some factsheets are also available in Chinese (traditional & simplified), and Punjabi.

Need more help?

  • If you are a member of a trade union, you may be able to ask them for help with your review case. 
  • Workers' Advisers, from BC government, can give you advice and help. A Workers’ Adviser may also be able to represent you.
  • Having a lawyer is not required for a review. If you would like one, contact Lawyer Referral Service from Access Pro Bono. They can connect you with a lawyer for a free initial consultation of up to 30 minutes. Whether you win or lose your review case, WorkSafeBC policy is not to pay legal fees.
  • Find more help near you on Clicklaw HelpMap.

See our related common questions:

workers' compensation, workplace injury or illness, review or appeal of a benefits claim, worksafebc, wcb