Common QuestionsWe’re a gay couple thinking about adoption
In 1996 BC’s Adoption Act was changed to allow any two eligible married or unmarried adults- including adults of the same sex - to apply together to adopt a child.
Good starting points to learn more about the adoption process in British Columbia include:
- Adoption, from the Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, provides an overview of the adoption process.
- LSLAP Manual: Family Law, from the UBC Law Students' Legal Advice Program, includes a section on adoption, with more detailed information on the adoption process.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about family law
- See all common questions about gays, lesbians, trans & bisexuals
- adoption, same-sex parents