Common QuestionsI’ve been charged with drinking and driving
Drinking and driving cases can be very complicated. The resources below provide information on the crimes you can be charged with under the federal Criminal Code and prohibitions you can receive under provincial law if you are accused of drinking and driving. They also provide information on how to defend yourself.
Good starting points include:
- Drinking and Driving, from the Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, provides an overview of the charges for drinking and driving, what you must do, and what might happen.
- What to Do If You Are Charged with a Drinking and Driving Offence, from the Legal Services Society, describes what normally happens when you are charged with drinking and driving under the Criminal Code of Canada.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about cars & getting around
- See all common questions about crimes & offences
- drinking and driving, charged with a crime, impaired driving, over .05, over .08, driving under the influence, dui, dwi, blood-alcohol level, motor vehicles, prohibition, roadside suspension, immediate roadside prohibition, administrative driving prohibition