Common QuestionsMy boyfriend wants me to co-sign for his truck loan
People often co-sign or guarantee a loan for a friend or relative without knowing what can happen. Before co-signing or guaranteeing a loan, you should understand what legal responsibilities are involved and the rights that you have.
Good starting points include:
- Co-signing or Guaranteeing a Loan, from the Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, describes the responsibilities of co-signing a loan.
- Consumer Law and Credit/Debt Law: A Guide for British Columbia, from the Legal Services Society, has information about co-signing loans in the chapter "Co-signing: Guarantors and Join Debtors."
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about consumer
- See all common questions about debt
- See all common questions about taxes & finances
- loans, buying a car, guaranteeing a loan, co-signing a loan