menu icon

Common Questions

I didn’t get the records I was looking for from a public body. What can I do now?
If you have filed a provincial or federal information request and are not happy with the response you received, or feel that your request was not handled properly, you can request a review from the provincial Information and Privacy Commissioner, or from the federal Information Commissioner of Canada.

You may also file a complaint if you are concerned that about the handling of your personal information by a public or private body.

Need more help?

The FIPA HelpLine helps the public with their questions, problems and concerns regarding access to information and privacy protection by providing information and non-legal advice. 

See our related common questions:

Last reviewed May 2017
complaints, public body, private body, handling of records, access to records, record management, appeals, privacy rights, requesting your personal records, BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association (FIPA)