Common Questions

Can I use a Representation Agreement or Power of Attorney made in another province or country?
It is possible in some situations. There are laws in BC that outline what you must do to have a personal planning document from another jurisdiction recognized in BC.

See the following resource which includes other practical tips (scroll down to "Can I use a document that was made in another province or country?"):

  • Tips for using Personal Planning Documents, from Nidus Personal Planning Resource Centre and Registry, answers questions that help you effectively use your Representation Agreement and/or Enduring Power of Attorney. 

See our related common questions:

Last reviewed January 2016
representation agreement, representation agreements, enduring power of attorney, enduring powers of attorney, EPAs, RAs, RA, EPA, interjurisdictional issues, moving to BC, jurisdiction, foreign documents, out of the country, out of province