Common QuestionsI’m worried my friend’s partner may hurt her – how can I help her stay safe?
- How can I help my friend? from Battered Women’s Support Services is a pamphlet that describes what you can do to assist a woman who is experiencing violence in her relationship.
- Live Safe – End Abuse: Safety Planning from Legal Services Society includes tips on creating a safety plan for when your friend is at home, outside the home, and after leaving an abusive relationship.
- Surviving Relationship Violence, a booklet from Legal Services Society, includes a chapter on Safety planning (chapter 3, page 23).
- UBC Law Students Legal Advice Program Manual: Victims provides in-depth information about victim assistance and possible criminal and family court protection orders.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about abuse & family violence
- See all common questions about victims of crime
- See all common questions about women
- safety planning, safety plan, domestic violence, personal safety
Go Straight to
Use the Clicklaw HelpMap to find someone in your community who can help with legal problems.