Common Questions

I’m worried my friend’s partner may hurt her – how can I help her stay safe?
If your friend is in immediate danger, let her know that she can call the police and the closest community-based victim assistance program right away. She can call VictimLinkBC from the Clicklaw HelpMap to access help from the Victim Service and Violence Against Women Counselling and Outreach programs across B.C.
Planning for safety includes many factors. Here are some good starting points:

See our related common questions:

Last reviewed January 2015
safety planning, safety plan, domestic violence, personal safety