Common QuestionsHow do I apply for CPP retirement benefits?
The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement pension is a monthly benefit paid to people who have contributed to the Canada Pension Plan.
Good starting points include:
- Canada Pension Plan Retirement Pension, from Service Canada, explains who is eligible, how to apply, what forms you need, and how much you might expect.
- When I'm 64: Benefit, from People's Law School, has information about the Canada Pension Plan retirement pension.
Need more help?
- Find an Advocate, from PovNet, provides a list of community advocates who may be able to provide information or assistance regarding government benefits.
- Find more help near you on Clicklaw HelpMap.
See our related common questions:
- I’m trying to decide whether to apply early for CPP
- See all common questions about pensions, benefits & welfare
- See all common questions about seniors
- pensions, Canada Pension Plan (CPP), application to CPP, retirement pension