menu icon

Common Questions

My personal records have been disclosed without my consent

Last reviewed in August 2022 by the Clicklaw Editors

Your personal records are governed by privacy rights. That is, you have the right to control or limit other agencies’ (whether government or private) collection, use, and/or disclosure of your own personal information.

Good starting points include:

Need more help?

The FIPA Help Line helps the public with their questions, problems and concerns regarding access to information and privacy protection by providing information and non-legal advice. Find them on the HelpMap here.

See our related common questions:

privacy, requesting your personal records, protecting your personal records, privacy rights, complaint about personal records disclosure