Common QuestionsI need to know about housing benefits on reserve
All registered Indians with band membership living on or off reserve are eligible, subject to availability, for housing built on reserve. Information on what housing benefits may be available and how to apply can be found in the resources below. The resources also contain information about other housing programs available to Aboriginal people.
- Benefits, Services and Resources for Aboriginal People, from the Legal Services Society, has information about housing benefits on and off reserve.
- First Nation Communities and Housing Organizations, from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, is a website linking to information about programs, financing techniques, tools and information to address housing needs in First Nations communities.
See our related common questions:
- See all common questions about Aboriginal
- See all common questions about housing, tenancy & neighbours
- housing on reserve, living on reserve, Aboriginal housing, housing benefits on reserve, First Nations, Indian status