Common QuestionsWhat does the new Societies Act require?
Resources for the transition:
- Webinars (Part 1 & Part 2), from Courthouse Libraries BC and Law for Nonprofits
- New Societies Act Transition Guide, from BC Registry Services
- Filing Guide: How to file a Transition Application in Societies Online, from BC Registry Services
- Transitioning an Existing Society: A How-to Guide for Non-profits in BC, from People's Law School
- Societies Act FAQs, from Law for Nonprofits & Clicklaw Wikibooks
- Legislative Guide: Societies Act, from Courthouse Libraries BC
- British Columbia Societies Act, from Volunteer Victoria
Need more help?
- Transition Hubs & Clinics: Law for Nonprofits is creating Transition Hubs to provide access for smaller and rural non-profit societies to volunteer mentors for information and consultations on the new Act. They will partner with UBC Allard School of Law and University of Victoria student clinicians to answer questions via email.
- Access Pro Bono Clinics: You may be able to get a lawyer to assist your small non-profit society for free to meet the new requirements.
See our related common questions:
- non-profits, non-profit society, forming a non-profit society, registering a non-profit, incorporation, not-for-profit, society act, societies act, canada corporations act